ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES FOR NON-PROFIT NOMINATIONS
Only members in good standing can nominate a non-profit. Each member can nominate one non-profit per quarter. Every quarter we will randomly draw 3 non-profits to present at our meetings.
Before you nominate please check our currently nominated non-profits to make sure your favorite organization has not already been nominated. If you know a great organization that could use our support please submit a Nomination Form.
Each organization will send a representative to speak for 5 minutes at the meeting about why they deserve our vote. We will vote and choose the recipient of our contributions for that meeting.
To be considered a potential recipient of 100 Women Who Care Jackson donations, an organization must meet all of the following criteria:
- Recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
- Located in the West Tennessee area
Here are a few additional requirements:
- Nominations from national non-profit organizations will not be accepted. However, local branches of these organizations are eligible for consideration.
- The organization must be willing to send a representative to our meetings to share how our donations will support their mission.
- An organization not selected at one meeting will remain eligible for participation in subsequent meetings.
- Voting takes place by secret ballot and a simple majority wins.
- Ties will be decided by one additional vote. If a tie persists, the membership will randomly draw to select one of the tied organizations.
- An organization that receives donations from one of our meetings will not be eligible for participation in subsequent meetings for 3 years.
- The organization must agree not to create, sell, or distribute a list with any of our members’ contact information. The non-profit will not solicit our members directly for further contributions, unless information is requested by the member.
- The organization will provide individual thank you/tax receipts directly to members.
Potential recipients must have a Nomination Form on file. Nomination Forms may only be submitted by members of 100 Women Who Care Jackson.